Thursday, September 2, 2010

Appalachian Girl

Hello people! I am living in Boone! Kinda shocking :) n going to Appalachian. So today has been a good day. It started off great, I got up out of bed at 6am, got ready, fixed lunch (1/2 turkey sandwich), some snacks (triscuits, 1/4 string cheese, carrots, and n apple), then fixed my breakfast. I had hot oats w/ 1/4 banana,fruit pieces, milk, and an apple sauce cup. I quickly cleaned my bowl n spoon, :) said hello to roommate #2, then headed out the door to the Library. I am so privileged to see the most amazing views as I go to and from my dorm room and roaming the campus roads. My beautiful view contains the gorgeous duck pond and its water fountain...


My Journey to work is so refreshing, containing beautiful stone archways...


My first day of work at McAlister's Deli :)...

As you can see, I take great pride in my job and having the privilege of working...

And my face shows quite the expression of fatigue or my first day of school exhaustion.

Ok, so back on track with my day.... So, today I got up early and headed towards the Library. It's kinda cool to say that I have a 24hr Library. One night I was in the library after 11pm and 2 cops were running the desk... ~ mysterious ~......

The Library was nice and quiet this morning with many studious people at work. I chose to sit near the windows at the large wooden tables. The library is quite beautiful. My favorite floor is the 3rd floor, out of 4, b/c it's the "quiet floor". I guess I just like the name.

So, here I am sitting in this large chair in the library studying The Law of Environmental Business. I took long extensive notes for an hour n fifteen min before class. And what do you know, right as class started @ 9:30am, we were asked to tare out a blank sheet of paper for a quiz! Yikes! But it was great, because I had just reviewed and rewrote the Jurisdiction of Federal Court! And, what do you know, that was the quiz... Shew, thank goodness :)...

I. Subject of Matter Jurisdiction II) Territorial a. in Personam b. in Rem III) Federal Question IV) Diversity of Citizenship. Now, don't you feel educated... lol no sorry couldn't help myself but to fill you in on what I am studying.

Tuesday night, after my Environmental Health class, I passed one of the professors office and couldn't help but to laugh:

This little sign made my night :)! I was tired and hungry, but this guys creativity was just so cheerful, I couldn't help but smile all the way home. I thought it was quite funny to see a man of great stature that obtained his Doctorate Degree put this on his door. Very cute :)

Tomorrow, Fri, September 3rd, Me and my mom are going to Old Salem to kinda celebrate her early Birthday present. I have not been there since the 3rd grade. So, stay tuned for more upcoming events in the life of, well, Me :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!!! I feel so up-to-date on your life!! There was a lot of big words....but I do feel smarter :) That door would crack me up too! The next time you see the professor you should ask if he likes Subway :)I can't wait to see your campus! :) It is beautiful! You would love Colorado University's campus in Boulder....I love it! Good thing you look super cute in your work uniform! :) that's always a good perk about loving your job....you can stand the uniform :) I can't wait to hear upcoming events of the life of, well, you :)

    ReplyDelete