Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Dental Experience :0)

Hello Bloggers! It has been a very good day so far... thank goodness! No, but this weekend was quite an ordeal for me. Saturday, I had the great opportunity to get my wisdom teeth pried out of my mouth! The Moms of Mercy Dental Clinic traveled to Sparta, NC to offer low income family's [or students] ;) to get their teeth worked on for free. Most of the dental people were dental students from all over North Carolina, and I knew several of them! That brought me a lot of comfort in the midst of watching hundreds of people w/ bloody mouths :4 Four of the students were from my college, WCC that I graduated from! It was really cool to see them in there uniform and out from under their Biology books.

So, anyway... I wanted to fill you in on my little dental experience. Saturday morning me and my mom got up at 4am to leave the house by 4:50am. I met two of my friends at the Melody Square, the little antique mall down the road. We then headed up the mountain to Sparta. I wish I felt good enough on the way home to capture some pictures. It is so pretty up there. We passed 4 deer on the side of the road beside streams. I wondered how long it would take to get to Charlotte from there, and sadly my mom said ~ 3hours... not duable for the fam... but it would be a pretty little place to visit anyway. While my mom waited on me for 9 HOURS! to get my teeth taken out, she roamed the little downtown streets. She sent me a txt while I sat there in anxiety :)... showing me a little coffee shop... Oh coffee, I thought. Finally! The Oral Surgeon was ready to see me. I was the last patient to see him, and he only saw six that day! There were like 50 dental students, so people who came hours before me just walzed right up in front of me. Sad, but they wanted me to only see this one dude named, Dr. Rabe... They claimed he was the finest. So, I waited all day long to see the finest :) I guess that's not such a bad offer. He gave up his entire day for the clinic for free, on top of his 60hr work week. He looked exhausted, but he was so nice to me... which I was truly grateful. After the surgery, I was so hungry!!! But, oh so numb... I wish that he did not give me so many shots. I could not talk at all, not at all after that.

Ok, so about 7pm that night I managed to pour soup in my mouth. It was so good. I then helped with the dishes and cleaned my room. After all of that, I was ready to hit the bed. My mom woke me up ~ 11pm to give me some extreme pain killer. I don't do meds at all, except for Advil, so that was like way to much. My mouth would not stop bleeding at all that day, so as I was changing the guaze... I was on the floor soaking wet! I then just repeatedly kept asking "why am I wet." My mom was like "Elizabeth! You fainted... whats wrong!" honestly was kind of funny... but the scary part was... my vision left me for ~ 1min. I then was kinda freiked b/c I felt dizzy, no vision, and hungry to an extreme! I then sat on the floor and pushed myself down the stairs to get food. My mom fixed me some oatmeal... I loved it... Then my mom had txt my brother n he came home in a flash. He left ~2am to go to Wallgreens and Wal-Mart to buy me some Ensure and soup. What a weekend it was! I finally was able to leave the house yesterday. I have really enjoyed my time at home... even though I'm in a lil pain... there is nothing like home. I cleaned, practiced my ballet, worshiped, organized the cats "pad/house" downstairs (she is so much happier).

Shew... ok, I really better shut up b4 I lose some of you readers... a lil long I know.... sorry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment