Thursday, May 13, 2010

Almost to tears


Well, it was another beautiful day in Wilkesboro. Have you ever worked out so hard that you brought yourself to tears? I have to ask myself the question of "why do we 'athletes' do the things that we do? What does it prove? And to whom are we trying to impress?" I am not out there to impress anyone, but, id have to say, myself. I train hard in hopes of becoming an athlete. One sport, just one sport! I have not ever been on any type of sports team, but I have a great desire too. Running and weight training has been a great training tool for me spiritually, physically, and mentally. I discipline my workout, therefore I discipline my life. However, I have slacked off of my discipline a Whole lot within the past year! Shoot, you should look at my room! Such a mess of clothes, good grief. Anyhoo, today while I was working out, it felt so weird to me, I felt as if my body was numb to the pain. I am not as sore as I should be, or thought I would be from my Tuesdays long workout, so I don't think it was from my previous workout. As I started my run, my legs felt numb, or light weight, but w/ a slight soreness pain. I rain 3.6 miles around town for about 30min. I then went upstairs @ the Express and stretched and performed an ab, pushup, plank, spiderman, and back flutters for 30min. That is probably my favorite part of my workout. It gives my body great relief with different movements to ease out the pain. After that lil routine, I went down into the weight room and worked shoulders, delts, and quads. At this point, I had enough, but oh yes of course, I just kept right on til I finished w/ satisfaction. I did all kinds of shoulder stuff on the bosu (upside down w/ one leg), leg extension 30lb alternating, 75lb 2sets 15 w/ holds, step ups 30lb 2sets 15 w/ pulses. After my last set, I honestly was brought to tears (go figure). I probably just needed to eat some almonds or something to fuel my energy expenditure over a course of a few days. I finally got up "ok, your done, not one more, go home" and as I walked towards the door, I remembered, calves. "Ahh man", so I finished 2 sets of calf raises 70lb. So, all this to say, "What are your goals? What are you trying to achieve?" These are very important questions. I realize I am very guilty of fighting for something, but not really even knowing what. It's exhausting. I was training for the CIS Race this Saturday, but I have had such a busy semester, and last few weeks, I missed many workouts, which causes me to become a little too over trained to run as well as I would like. For every goal we have must come with a plan. "A goal without a plan is only a wish." Your probably wondering about my photo above right? Meet a lil part of my family. We grew up to be very strong individuals, we know what it takes to fight to succeed. Now, we just got to succeed, in which we are. I really miss my lil family circle. But, I believe it's starting to form again, maybe better :)

1 comment: