Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Relay of Life

Hello fellow bloggers :) It's been a while, sorry for the slack updates. I have had so much going on in the last 3weeks with not one day off, even Sunday! So, I am taking Saturday as my excuse to stay home and clean!!! I think I am going to have to go to Boone sometime Saturday, to get my summer school books, woohoo App starts back on Tuesday. Because I have not gotten the chance to fill you guys in on my week, I thought I would play a little "relay" of what Ive been doing today...
Today, I got off of work at 8am, yes that's right, off at 8a, and went in about 5a, what fun :) I have been planning a Stone Mountain day for the past 3weeks. So, today me and my friend, Tabitha, went down to Stone Mountain and hiked a 3mile trail. It was a lot of fun...

Stone Mt. is gorgeous!
And here is me and Tabitha
Me out on a limb
Want an awesome glute workout??? Hike a Mt, I am already sore!

Look, I am on top of the world :)

My souvenirs: pine cone, flower, and a cool rock, all in front of the view of my lil car


The butterflies were absolutely everywhere!
Everywhere we walked, we had to check for butterflies

After hiking for 3miles we worked up quite an appetite. With our packed lunch, we headed down to a stream for a picnic. I packed 2 turkey and cheese sandwiches on Flat Everything Bagels, apple and carrot slices, and grapes. Tabitha added delicious strawberries and cucumber slices. The lunch was so delightful!


The fruit was so sweet and refreshing and
Oh man was the sandwich so so good!

Our picnic scenery complemented our meal quite nicely


As we were leaving, a deer walked right up to my window :) She was not scared at all, she wanted to be fed I think. "say cheese :)"

We had a fun time, it was much needed. I loved to see so much nature and happy animals and insects. The fruitfulness of a prosperous land is quite enjoyable and uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment