Friday, May 14, 2010

Polar "Listen To Your Body"



Good afternoon bloggers :) I hope everyone is having a good day! I have finally purchased a watch! I have been without a watch on my wrist since January! That has really messed my scheduling up. But, now I feel so much better that I have a watch, I no longer look at my wrist 20x b4 I realize there is nothing there to look at. I have been wanting just a simple watch w/ a heart rate monitor on it. I have recently purchased the Polar heart rate monitor watch for women. I really like it. I just set up all of my info and have been reading my watch manual for the past week. Usually when I buy a watch my brother would always set everything for me. So, I never learned how to deal with electronics, in fact, I absolutely hated reading the instructions and setting stuff, because he could do it so easily. I got way to overwhelmed, even with my Ipod, when my brother moved out and got married, I was just SOL with it :) I had the same songs for 2years! I am now conquering my electronic slump! I really enjoyed figuring this watch out. I just took a Fitness Test with my heart monitor and it said I was an elite athlete :) I thought that was a touch from God to see that today, because this morning was kinda hard at work. I work with some of the best athletes and trainers, sometimes it's just hard. I was reading about our running club this morning and it said that "all runners are welcome, from beginner, intermediate, to elite." After reading that I was just thinking, what type of runner and athlete am I?" Sounds a little cheesy, but I always see myself as the intermediate or if I know I am pretty good, I feel that I have to lower myself when I am around others so that there are no hard feelings. I hate jealousy with a passion. So, anyway back to the elite thing, that really lifted me up to know that, maybe I am an athlete. I keep saying I want to be one, so yeah, ok, I'll shut up, but just had that on my heart. Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I now have the luxery of having Jon set up and take care of all my electronic needs! He is handy your right! For the longest time i've had my brother to do all that for me. I am not looking forward to the day where I have to tackle electronics! Your my hero! Stand tall girl! You are an incredible elite athlete! Give yourself that credit and own it! People might be jelous but that is no one else's fault but their own insecurity. They won't be the first or the last to be jelous of you! You aren't prideful or arrigant in saying so, your honest. So always be honest with yourself and give yourself the credit you deserve!

    ReplyDelete