Saturday, May 22, 2010




Last Saturday I went cycling on the road for the second time! It was brutal, but lots of fun. I rode with S. Handy (our radio guy and great father) and his son. (I might have already shared this w/ you guys, but I'll tell you again if so). We had only ridden 45min, when Steve had said, "ok guys, we have only gone 10miles, so we only have 18 more to go!" I was like oh your kidding me! So we just strolled along, dodging dogs, dodging cars, and so on. We finished at 2hrs with 28.3 miles. Once we got off the cycle, my legs felt crazy sorish numb! If you have not ever cycled out doors on the road, you need to at least try it once. There is nothing like it. It at first feels very dangerous. No seatbelt, but lots of cars. You are like placing your life in the "hands" of a small framed bike! It's quite an interesting feeling. My pre-workout meal was my lovely oatmeal :) made w/ organic oats, flax, wheat germ, wheat bran, seeds, dried papya, fruit, plain yogurt, and pumpkin, coffee w/ raw sugar, skim milk, and vanilla extract, and egg whites w/ one yolk, spices, and onion. It was so good, I always get hungry when I admire the pictures I take of my food. :) My Picture at the top is kinda blury, but I thought you might want to see me in my cycle (well actually a runners) outfit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment