Saturday, May 8, 2010

Saturday's Mother's Day

This Saturday was a lot of Fun!!! I spent the day with my mom in Boone for her Mother's Day gift. We started our day out by me, as the shofer, driving my mom to Boone.
The drive today was gorgeous! North Carolina is really beautiful in the Spring. Driving over the mountain, the scenery caught our eyes...
Such a pretty view, that is one great advantage I have while traveling to Appalachian everyday/most days. I wanted to surprise my mom by taking her to breakfast, so we ended up at a little cute bakery. Anyone out there ever heard of Stick Boys??? They are very famous in Boone for there amazing breads, pastries, and coffees. I went by the bakery after school, on Friday, to make sure they still carried the "Everything Muffin." This muffin is out of this world! It is so good, and so healthy. The recipe is full of apple, carrots, bran, coconut, currents, and almonds. Truly is delightful! We both ordered the muffin and, of course, a few extras for the fam :). After ordering our muffin, we went out for a lil drive to Bean Stalk, a lil coffee shop. The atmosphere was so refreshing, we had the whole upstairs to ourselves :0)!
It was fun!
Strawberry anyone :)After cutting up w/ picture taking, we got our Everything Muffins out of the box and enjoyed them with our coffee! I ordered a vanilla Latte, and my mom had the Hazelnut.
I packed some fruit to create a most glorious and nutritious breakfast.
And yes, I ate every bite :)
After the coffee shop, we went shopping at the Shops on the Parkway
And sat near my ASU parking spot to enjoy the rest of our Mother's Day
It was perfect!

2 comments:

  1. What a great day! Your wearing short sleeves! So jealous! We are supposed to be getting snow in the next few days! :S That's Colorado weather for you! Sunday was beautiful for Mother's Day though! I'm loving your blog! I feel like i've almost talked to you ALL WEEK! :) You bother were beautiful in those pictures!!! Really miss you guys! We were at Das Meyer bakery, that victorian bakery/house that I took you and your mom to. We were trying out cakes with Josh and Brandy. Made me miss you guys! I remembered how much your mom loved that place and how it always makes me think of you guys! :) Wish you were here to come with me for a spa day!
    Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why it says anonymous? But i'm sure you know it's me :)

    ReplyDelete