Thursday, May 6, 2010

Workout Thursday

Oh wow what a day! What a week! It's Thursday, that should be a plus, almost Friday, but I still have a very long weekend ahead of me! This week was my final week of school! I made a 100!! on my Medical Terminology Final w/ no multi-choice, all memory! I surprised myself. This week, I fill like ive turned into a study and exercise aholic :) Today I started my day out with a great 4mile run. It was very hard, but great training, I'm telling you, my Wilkesboro town, can be a huge challenge to run in. I somehow always seem to run the hardest hills every time I run. It's all in the athletic mind game of "no pain, no gain." Every workout, every exercise, and every rep should start strong and end strong. To give you the whole low-down on my run this morning, I ran 4miles in 33min, best pace was a 4:38, and lap pace was a 8:21 min mile. My Garmin GPS, given to me by my brother, John, is my lil running friend :). Here is my after run pic...

My pre-workout meal consisted of 1/2 an apple and Organic Peanut Butter. It was really good, but probably was not enough to fuel my intensity, but I was in a hurry and it did the trick :)

After my workout, I replenished my muscles with a boiled egg, 1hr later, I had a good bowl of oatmeal, then hit the road and off to Appalachian. I was chosen to be a Junior Marshal at the commencement ceremony this Sunday. So, we had a practice session this morning at 10:30 AM, where I met the Dean of students over my college, the College of Applied Arts! He is very nice. Ok, I guess you have heard enough of my excitement for one day ;) Have a blessed day and remember today is National Day of Prayer! Pray for our Nation and the Nation of Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment